OL Brand History
Oshino Lamps history is a history of development and challenges.
Since its foundation in 1931, Oshino Lamps Limited has been successful for over 80 years
developing pilot lamps for gas stoves and lamps for Christmas decoration in early years,
then currently developing lamps for automotive and aviations.
- Founding company president Masaji Oshino establishes Oshino Lamps in Shinagawa, Tokyo.
- Filament winding equipment installed.
- Development of an ignition device for gas stoves.
- Oshino develops automatic shunting equipment for lamps for Christmas decorations, for which it submits a patent application.
- Reorganized as a public corporation called Oshino Lamps Limited, headed by Masaji Oshino, the first president of the company.
- Head Office moved to new buildings in Minami-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku.
- Beat seal style T-1 lamps developed.
Low-current, double-wound coils for T-1 lamps developed.
- Automated small-lamp production lines installed.
Short T-1 size lamps developed for the aerospace industry.
- February 1970
- Wolcox Corporation (now a head office for sales) established as an overseas trading division of Oshino Lamps Limited.
- Masaji Oshino receives the Purple Ribbon Medal.
- Masaji Oshino pasts away due to ill health.
Kou Oshino is appointed as president of Oshino Lamps Limited.
- Oshino Lamps Limited increases its capital to 50 million yen.
- December 1977
- Oshino Lamps GmbH established in Nurnberg, Germany.
- August 1978
- Special vibration-proof lamps developed for the aerospace industry.
- August 1979
- Hong Kong Miniature Lamp Co., Ltd (now Oshino Lamps Hong Kong) established in Hong Kong
- November 1979
- Oshino Lamps (U.K.) established in Nottingham, U.K.
- October 1981
- 50th anniversary of the founding of Oshino Lamps.
- February 1989
- Oshino Lamps France established in Paris, France (now located in Tarbes).
- November 1989
- Technology Center established in Owa, Akita Prefecture.
- March 1990
- Oshino Lamps Italia s.r.l established in Milan, Italy (now located in Florence).
- Kagoshima Plant established in Kagoshima City
- Oshino Lamps Limited head office, Technology Center, and Kagoshima Plant acquire ISO9001 and QS9000 certification.
- All Oshino Group companies in Europe acquire ISO9002 certification.
- Hong Kong Miniature Lamps Co., Limited renamed Oshino Lamp (HK) Limited.
- March 2003
- Kagoshima 2nd Plant established.
- April 2003
- Hiroshi Oshino appointed Chief Executive Officer.
- May 2005
- Oshino Lamps Limited acquires TS16949 certification.
- June 2005
- Takeshi Oshino appointed Chief Executive Officer.
Hiroshi Oshino appointed Chairman of the Board
- July 2009
- Oshino Electronics Estonia Osauhing established in Estonia.
- March 2012
- Oshino Lamps America, Ltd. established in New York, USA (now located in Wixom, MI).
- July 2012
- Yamanashi factory established in Fuefuki City.
- December 2014
- Oshino Lamps (SHANGHAI) Ltd. established in Shanghai, China.
- March 2016
- Yamanashi factory and Kawagoe factory acquire ISO9001 certification.
- September 2018
- Yamanashi factory moved to Kofu City.
- December 2021
- Head Office moved to Higashioi, Shinagawa-ku.